torsdag den 21. februar 2008

I am struggling

Wow the book has just taken an ugly turn. Chapter 10 100 pages of information about tables, yikes. The information is great but damned there's lots of it, and having to read in one day is just not that easy. Also has a long description of nested tables and the kicker is, don't use it you have other and in most cases better options. That's like watching a Mchael Mann movie and then have to leave 15 minutes before the ending. Anyways, long chapter 11 about indexes, very much insight in this chapter, so it was a bit easier to read. Chapter 12 almost had me broken. To me that chapter was jus dull, it was 70 pages about the 22 SQL types that is the baseline for most other database types. Maybe it was just because I was struggling for time and sleep and other stuff, but I really didn't feel this chapter gave nearly as much to build on as the other chapters. Best thing I got out of it was how DATE is stored, and how not to use to_char in a comparison. Other than that I felt it should have been a referencial appendix. I am at the point right now where I am looking forward to be done with the book.

Ingen kommentarer: