torsdag den 27. december 2007

Merry SQL Tuning Christmas....

I have spent the last week reading 'SQL Tuning By Dan Tow' and of course hosting Christmas Eve for my family. It has been a little hard to find the Christmas Spirit in between the chapters of this book. I have never been a real Champ in mathematical procedures, so you can imagine that this has been quite a challenge for me.
I can do the diagram, that Dan Tow teaches, but when it comes to getting the numbers to place into this diagram, I fail to see the logic and therefore comes to a dead end.

Today I am sitting in the Miracle Office in Ballerup. There´s not much to do and we are only 6 persons in the office.


I want to wish everyone, who has been following this blog, a Happy New Year.


Kind Regards


Jan Wigh

2 kommentarer:

Moans Nogood sagde ...

Yo Jan,

You should contact Dan Tow himself at DanTow@SingingSQL.com and ask him.

So are you talking about the various selects that Dan does in order to get information about selectivity for predicates, etc.?

Best regards,

Mogens

mathewbutler sagde ...

I've got this book on my bookshelf. I managed to read through to halfway, before getting side tracked ( I wasn't doing much SQL tuning ta the time ). I thought the book introduced a very good means of visualising queries and their execution plans. I've yet to put anything I read into real practice though.

Interested to know your thoughts when you have read it all.

Also interested in a summary of your progress so for on MEEP, in terms of the overall activities you are engaging in and which you have completed so far.

I don't remember Dan Tows book being on your initial post. Are there any other new books on your tick list?

Mathew Butler