torsdag den 21. februar 2008

A short boost

Read chapters 13 and 14. Chapter 13 was about partitioning, this was quite interesting, especially because I had heard a lot about it, but never seen it in action. Lots of great concepts. Have to go back later and get a better understanding of how indexes interact with partion_key_columns and other columns. I didn't completely grasp all that.
Chapter 14 was another dull chapter, parallel execution. Again nothing wrong with the information, it just didn't grab me, not a lot I took with me from that chapter. Struggled hard to get it done, I procrastinated quite a bit on this chapter. Don't know if it is an effect from having spend 3 weeks on this book with intense reading and a monstrous amount of new information, tips and tricks, concepts and right and wrong way to do this. My head might just need something more simple for a short while.

On a completely different subject. Noticed today that my Miracle notepad is not made for writing on both sides, it is completely blank, only lines on the front of the paper. Weird. HE! and that made me remember that when I worked for Maersk Data, they made the business card so that you could not see what you wrote on the backside. They did this because it was not considered "good behavior" to write on the back of a business card... Wonder if Miracle has the same perception on the notes you take???

Ingen kommentarer: