mandag den 10. marts 2008

Lex de Haan book

On to master SQL and SQL*PLUS. A completely different world than reading Tom Kyte's book.
But of course this also a completely different type of book. Read this book within a week, including a day of midterm in between. I knew a lot of the material in the book. I have done a lot of SQL over the years, so a lot of it was repetition. Which is always a good thing!! Did find a couple things that really caugt my eye, these where DML operations on views and Materialized views. Things I also knew before, but Lex told it in a way that made me understand it, I had been a bit perplexed about these two subjects, especially MVs. But now I feel I have a much better understanding of these. Also enjoyed a lot of the hints on how to manipulate the SQL*PLUS interface.

It is the idea that we contact the authors of the book, however with Lex that's a bit hard. I did try his homepage but it was nonexistent, so I figured I would go to an uncoventional source. The ouija board!!! ( in denmark we call it, "spirit in a glass") I think I summoned Lex's spirit 'cause all my questions were answered with 42!!! R.I.P. Lex!

Ingen kommentarer: